Welcome To Leed Fireproofing & Insulation, Inc.. . . .

Products and Services
Request Quotation
Product Literature
Job Opportunities
About Us
Contact Us
Satisfaction Survey
Federal Tax Credit Info
-> Consumers
-> Home Builders
-> Commercial Building

Tax Credits for Consumers: 


Product TypeTax Credit SpecificationTax CreditNotes
InsulationMeets 2009 IECC & Amendments30% of cost, up to $1,500*For insulation to qualify, its primary purpose must be to insulate (example: insulated siding does not qualify). 

Check to see if you have Home Performance with ENERGY STAR in your area. Adding insulation to your home is covered.
*Subject to a $1,500 maximum per homeowner for all improvements combined. 

Home Improvements
Tax credits are now available for home improvements: 

►must be placed in service from January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2010 
►must be for taxpayer's principal residence, EXCEPT for geothermal heat pumps, solar water heaters, solar panels, and small wind energy systems (where second homes and rentals qualify)
►$1,500 is the maximum total amount that can be claimed for all products placed in service in ►2009 & 2010 for most home improvements, EXCEPT for geothermal heat pumps, solar water heaters, solar panels, fuel cells, and small wind energy systems which are not subject to this cap, and are in effect through 2016
►must have a Manufacturer Certification Statement to qualify (Available on our "Links" Page)
►for record keeping, save your receipts and the Manufacturer Certification Statement
►improvements made in 2009 will be claimed on your 2009 taxes (filed by April 15, 2010) — use IRS Tax Form 5695 (2009 version) — it will be available late 2009 or early 2010
►If you are building a new home, you can qualify for the tax credit for geothermal heat pumps, photovoltaics, solar water heaters, small wind energy systems and fuel cells, but not the tax credits for windows, doors, insulation, roofs, HVAC, or non-solar water heaters. More. 

        Frequently Asked Questions: 
        Are installation costs covered by the tax credit? 
        Is there an income limit on the tax credit? 
What forms do I need for the energy efficiency tax credits? 
        All Tax Credit FAQs






-> Consumers